How to Watch
The 25th Anniversary Berlin & Beyond Film Festival will be a mostly virtual film festival experience, with select in-person screenings at the Vogue Theater and drive-in screenings at Fort Mason Center. We have put together this guide to help you navigate the virtual festival as well as address questions you might have about tickets and streaming.
If you experience any technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Test Your Browser
Click here for the Browser Compatibility Test. If you are able to play the video on that page, then your browser is compatible.
System Requirements for Viewing
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7+
- Intel-based Macs with OSX 10.12+
- iOS 12+
- Android 9+
- Chrome 77+
- Edge 84+
- Firefox 71+
- Safari 12.1+
- Chrome for Android 78+
- Firefox for Android 78+
- iOS Safari 12+
ONLINE SHOWTIMES + LIVE STREAM Q&A’S
- Online showtimes happen at a scheduled time, where audiences join together to watch, without the ability to rewind
- When you register for an online screening, you will receive an email with the viewing link to watch your selected content.
- Important: Make sure you have autoplay videos enabled for this site. If you don’t, functionality of the screening may be impaired. Most people do not have this turned off and can ignore this step. If you have turned off autoplay videos, or notice that when a new video loads, it does not automatically play, please enable autoplay for this site. Here are instructions for Safari, Firefox, and Edge.
- Once your code is redeemed, access to films are available for use on one device and in one browser.
- You do not need to click anything throughout the viewing experience. Each part will play automatically, including any pre-show, film, and Q&A content (unless noted).
- If you have any trouble with playback, you can always refresh the page without losing access.
On-Demand movies and programs can be viewed anytime within the availability watch window, for a period of 24 hrs once you press play on a given movie or program.
Before you click to start a film, please check the following:
- You’re using the device and browser you would like to watch the entire event on.
- If you plan to cast the event to your TV, make sure you are on the same WiFi network as your TV for best results.
WATCHING FILMS ON YOUR TV
There are two methods for watching content on your television: Google Chromecast and Apple AirPlay.
If you have an external Google Chromecast set up with your TV or a TV with built-in Google Chromecast (TVs listed here), open the film or live Q&A on Chrome and follow these steps to cast the webpage’s video experience to your TV.
You can Chromecast from a Chrome web browser on PC and Mac computers as well as Android devices by selecting the cast button in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
You can AirPlay from most browsers if you have Apple TV by selecting the AirPlay button in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
Why do I see a black screen if I am watching content with AirPlay on my TV?
You likely have “Screen Mirroring” turned on in your device settings. Please turn off the screen mirroring setting and start AirPlay by selecting the AirPlay button in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
WATCHING FILMS ON YOUR PHONE or TABLET
You can watch content using Safari on iOS 12 or later. Please note that you must have “Screen Mirroring” turned off for content to play.
You can watch content using Chrome on Android 9.0 or later.
A few additional notes on Q&A’S:
- The festival will include both live and pre-recorded Q&A’s with filmmakers and special guests. Live Q&As are mostly part of live and timed virtual screenings.
- A select number of live Q&A’s will also be mirrored on Facebook Live on the Berlin & Beyond Film Festival’s Facebook account.
- Pre-recorded Q&A’s are usually part of select on-demand films.