Call for Volunteers
We are seeking volunteers for our 27th Berlin & Beyond Film Festival. The festival will run March 23-25 & 28 at the Roxie Theatre in San Francisco, March 24 (mid-day) at the Vogue Theatre and on the evening of March 27th at Rialto Cinemas Elmwood in Berkeley.
Get involved, be a special part of the action, make new friends, and enjoy great films. To become a volunteer, please email email@example.com
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Sign up for a minimum of two shifts (equivalent to at least 6 hours).
- Fill out registration form and agree with the Volunteer Code of Conduct.
- Show up at least 20 minutes prior to their shifts.
- Expected to attend ALL scheduled shifts. Repeated no shows will result in your volunteer name being flagged and you will no longer be able to volunteer with the festival.
- Crowd Control, Tickets and Ushers
- Stage and Auditorium
- Special Events
Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Respect all those involved in making the festival possible. Be as polite, friendly, and helpful as possible during every interaction.
- Respect the confidentiality of the festival and all those involved. Everyone loves to be in the know but in some cases, you MUST refrain from sharing certain information. Examples are: do not speak to press, do not share information regarding party locations or special guests, and do not gossip about special guests, artists and celebrities attending the festival.
- Respect the pass and ticket structure of the festival. Know and follow the rules and timing of guest entry to each event.
- Know your shifts and schedule.
- Know what is expected of you during your shifts.
- Know who your team leader is and ask questions if you don’t know what to do.
- Show up to shifts on time and meet the commitment you have made.
- Give out accurate information and know where to find answers to questions you don’t know.
- Be informed on the ticketing and pass structure, venue locations, daily events, and details regarding your particular volunteer assignment.
- Be an ambassador for the Berlin & Beyond Film Festival.
- Represent the festival in the best possible way.
- Dress appropriately and follow the volunteer dress code.
- Refrain from eating, smoking, chewing gum, or drinking beverages other than bottled water.
- Keep interactions with talent and special guests professional. No asking for photos or handing out cards and scripts or providing personal details while on duty.